1. Our 4th District Meeting of 2015-2016 will be Loyalty Days on April 29, 30 & May 1, 2016 sponsored by Pengilly Post #8831.2. A list of area hotels/motels was made available at last District Meeting held 20 February 2016 at VFW Post # 4456 Gilbert, MN. A list is included in these General Orders.
3. Spring Party at Silver Bay Veterans Home will be held 13 Apr 2016. Be there to help at 0930. Bingo to start at 1000.4. An auction will be held at 3:00 p.m. on 30 April to raise funds for the District. Please bring donations.5. This is our District Convention and next year's officers and chairman will be selected. This is where your vote counts.6. Schedule for Loyalty Day is enclosed. ALL EVENTS will be held at the:
Pengilly Community Center (unless otherwise noted):
162110 Half Circle Drive
Pengily, MN 55775
FRIDAY - 29 APRIL5 - 7 p.m. VFW AND AUXILIARY REGISTRATION AT POST HOME5 - 5:15 JOINT OFFICERS MEETING AT POST HOME - IF NEEDED5:15 - 5:30 VFW AND AUXILIARY OFFICERS MEETING AT POST HOME - IF NEEDEDSATURDAY - 20 APRIL
7:00 - 9:00 a.m. VFW AND AUXILIARY REGISTRATION/COFFEE AND ROLLS AT POST HOME
9:00 VFW AND AUXILIARY MEETING AT POST HOME12 NOON LUNCH ON YOUR OWN1:30 p.m. - 2:30 MEMORIAL SERVICE PRACTICE AT POST HOME3:00 AUCTION — REMEMBER TO BRING SOME ITEMS TO AUCTION-PROCEEDS GO TO THE DISTRICTSUNDAY -1 MAY7:00 - 9:00 a.m. REGISTRATION AND COFFEE AND ROLLS AT POST HOME9:00 -11:00 VFW AND AUXILIARY MEETINGS AT POST HOME.11:00 a.m. JOINT MEMORIAL SERVICE/INSTALLATION OF OFFICERS AT POST HOME
Accommodations for Pengilly are as follows: (download a printable version)(Remember to ask for VFW District 8 rates, websites show various options)
1. Our 3rd District Meeting of 2015-2016 will be held at VFW Post #4456 in Gilbert, MN February 19 & 20, 2016.
2. Schedule for Meeting as follows: (print a copy of the schedule and meal payment stub)
3. Congratulations to the young students who entered the contests. We had (7) seven Posts out of 23 submit entries. The winners are as follows:
4. All Commanders and Quartermasters are encouraged to review their membership lists for accuracy and make any changes needed. Also review/remind members of expiring membership now that we are on subscription dues. The District is losing Members and the lost members are not all due to deaths.
5. National By-Laws require that, "... the Post Commander or his representative attend all properly called District Conventions or meetings..." [VFW National By-Laws Sec. 218]. In the VFW, we enjoy a representative form of government where we elect representatives to do our bidding at and, with others, decides the business of the District. He/She is one vote for your post. Any accompanying delegates also each have a vote. So the more representatives you send to District Meetings, the more votes your Post has to wield and the more say you have in District affairs. If you don't send anybody, others are making decisions for you.
6. Posts wishing to hold District meetings in 2016/2017 should do so in accordance with 8th District, Department of Minnesota, VFW By-laws as amended May 1, 2010.
7. On Friday February 19th, District President Kathy Randall will be having her testimonial. The time is approximately 5:00 p.m. The meal and cost is yet to be determined.
8. Next meeting will be Loyalty Days — April 29, 30, May 1 at Pengilly Post #8831.
9. Posts of the District winners are encouraged to help them attend the District Awards Ceremony and provide the meal tickets for the winners and their parents, 20 February 2016 and the VOD winner to Department (Mid-Winter).
10. Remember to visit the District website www.vfw-mn-district-8.org
11. Accommodations for Gilbert are as follows:
|Saturday August 22, 2015|
|1300||District Meeting resumes if necessary|